9200 Olive Blvd # 213, Olivette, MO 63132, USA
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

Although this is against Edward Jone's policies, they sold a huge annuity to my Father at age 90. The rep got a trip to Sweden and another to the Virgin Islands.

I need a complaint form pronto, and will file a complaint with the SEC asap !!!! I will also file a complaint on the salesman who sold this annuity to a 90 year old man and seek damages. This is a criminal action that needs to be brought to the public's attention. The guy also sold my Dad a bunch of loades mutual funds with huge 12b 1 fees and 8 and 1/2 percent loads, not to mention the yearly fees that reduces his principle to zero in short order.

Redemption fees are off the chart too, leaving the remaining pennies in the account for his heirs. This criminal act will not go away as lawsuits will be filed upon my Father's death.

Review about: Edward Jones Investment Service.

Reason of review: criminal activity involved .

I didn't like: Entire investment scams sold.

Comments

Company needs to start cleaning house by performing drug testing on their employees

Couple of things:

1.) no mutual funds have an 8.5 upfront costs. If he did pay an upfront charge...there would be no redemption fees. The heirs could also keep the funds and never pay another commission (would have 12b service fees)

2.) if it the annuity was a variable annuity this would allow the 90 year old to participate in the market with a guaranteed death benefit of the amount invested (meaning absolutely no losses to the heirs only gains if there were any)

Unfortunately this is another consumer that has no idea what they're talking about.

Sounds like the very rude rep. Stephani Lamanna who talks over you and puts you on hold several times while she sounds like she is on her personal phone

I went to them as a Senior. Who thought needed guidance.

I had Home Depot shares 135.00 and was told to sell them at stk price of $77.00 I didn't want to but was pressured by E.J. I also bought Apple at $103.00.That was my retirement money.

I wrote a letter to E.J. they did nothing..all I can Say is BUYER BEWARE.