I am John Carter in Crossville, TN with your account number 389-81219-1-2 where your manager is one Pete Bisbee. I am extremely disappointed in his transferring my IRA money over to my Regions Bank at my direction without informing me that within 60 days I must create a new IRA account with that money or be taxed on it.

This lack of direction has cost me about $1896 in 2016 taxes. No matter whether he considers me smart or dumb about this he should have informed me. He is never short of words and is extremely prolific! So a few words of advice would have saved me nearly $2000.

I keep reading "Thank you for allowing Edward Jones to assist with your financial needs" at the bottom of each letter from Pete to me and its makes me so furious as to write this letter. Needless to say I have told as many people as I can about this lack of simple direction by Pete Bisbee.

I still have one CD about to mature with them and will be glad to never deal with Edward Jones or Pete Bisbee ever again! Respectfully, John W Carter

Product or Service Mentioned: Edward Jones Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 18, 2017.

Comments

I too have fallen victim to a slick talking EJ agent. Two months in and I was losing money like there was a "hole" in the bottom of the PiggyBank.

Down from $164,007.50 to $159,039.13 in short order. Someone needs to hold these snakes accountable.