I'm recently widowed and needed a financial question answered. Based on my frriend's advice, I contacted Edward Jones.

I had no intentions of transferring my accounts to EJ, but it happened without my total understanding. I never wanted a full service broker, and when I tried to make a trade, they wouldn't allow it. It was never disclosed to me that every action I took would require a call to the advisor, and a hefty commission. I never had any intentions of allowing this advisor to manage my money.

I hardly knew him, and he kept pushing for me to make new investments. After approximately 3 months, I transferred my funds to another brokerage firm where I could manage my own money, and not pay obnoxious commissions.

Edward Jones is charging a transfer fee of $135 on each account, and there are four of them. My four accounts were inactive while there.

These charges are outrageous and I've requested them to reimburse me. To date, they have done nothing to rectify this situation.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $540. This person is overall dissatisfied with Edward Jones. The most disappointing about edward jones financial advisor at Edward Jones was pushy attitude, thieves and bs iwas given Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Edward Jones.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Financial Services category for more informed decision or compare Edward Jones to other companies on our site.

Comments